Is the MacBook Air giving you sleepless nights? Well, it’s a nightmare for any Apple user to experience mechanical glitches with an expensive laptop. Many people have the misconception that since Apple products are costly, they won’t fail. Although Apple laptops are highly reliable, let’s get one thing straight – in the end, they are electronic devices, and hence can undergo failure at any time. It doesn’t matter if you have an earlier version or the latest, anything can go wrong with the ultra-light laptop. MacBook Air is the thinnest and lightest laptop from Apple. The laptop is available in three shades, silver, gold and space grey. The biggest advantage of the laptop is that it’s the greenest one from the Apple series as it is made of 100 % recycled aluminum. What’s the feeling when you get the expensive laptop in your hands? You feel at the top of the world, right? Loyal Apple users are crazy about the range of products Apple offers to its customers. But does the craze for the expensive products mean that they are fault-tolerant? Well, the answer is a big no, and this we can say after receiving complaints from the Apple users regarding the MacBook Air laptops. Although users boast that the computer contains a brilliant retina display, all-day battery life, and force touch trackpad, there are many complaints regarding the keyboard. In addition to the keyboard issues, other issues with the MacBook Air and the corresponding remedies users can take are given below.
7 COMMON PROBLEMS WITH MACBOOK AIR AND THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
According to recent data, Apple has received many complaints from the users of MacBook Air. When any problem with an expensive laptop occurs, your heart skips a beat. So, what to do when you face any issue with the expensive notebook? Here is the guide to common MacBook Air issues and possible solutions users can use.
- TROUBLE IN STARTING THE MACBOOK AIR:
Does your MacBook Air stop working suddenly and just won’t start? Well, you are not alone. There have been many cases where the users tried to switch on the laptop, but it wouldn’t turn on. This is the most common booting problem that users experience. In such situations, macOS doesn’t boot properly or crashes and shuts down. If you are facing the same issue, here is the possible solution that can come to your rescue.
- First, you have to check whether the whole Mac is not working or the problem is with the screen only. Is it the laptop making noise? Is the caps lock key working, and is the push button making a chiming noise? If so, the issue is with the screen.
- If the issue is with the MacBook, look for power problems. Ensure your battery is fully charged. Use a different cord to make sure the issue is not with the power cable. Also, disconnect everything and see if this fixes the problem.
- Reset your MacBook by pressing the power button for at least 10 seconds.
- MACBOOK AIR BATTERY ISSUES:
Many users complain that despite the laptop having a fully charged battery, it turns off when they remove the charging adapter. This is one of the common issues MacBook users often experience. Users also complain that sometimes the laptop battery won’t charge. In such situations, here are some fixes that can come to your rescue.
- Make sure you are using the right cable on the right MacBook Air. Make sure the cable is free from any physical damage. Alternatively, users can switch the electrical outlets to make sure that the laptop is getting enough power.
- Try unplugging your adapter for a minute and then plug it back in. If the laptop starts charging, you will hear some strange noise from the system.
- Now, the next step is to remove any connected appliances to see whether the problem continues.
- RAM ISSUES:
Do you know one of the reasons why your laptop won’t turn on is because of the RAM problems. The symptoms of the RAM problem include a black screen, system crash, and beep sounds from the system while starting up. Bad RAM leaves the users with no option but to replace the logic board or the motherboard. Also, apart from the bad RAM, another issue is that your system may not have sufficient RAM. As a result of this, the user may experience a flashing question mark on the screen during the startup operation. One solution to the problem is to install more RAM or downgrade to an older system.
- MACBOOK AIR BLUETOOTH ISSUES:
Does your laptop show connectivity issues and often display the message “no hardware found”? Or while using Apple AirPort devices like AirPlay, the AirPlay stops or plays intermittently? In such a situation, you need to fix the Bluetooth and AirPort issues in the MacBook Air. Sometimes a loose connector cable is the culprit behind the Bluetooth/AirPort issues. To solve the issue, you can perform the following steps:
- Remove the lower case and look at the connector where the cable connects with the logic board.
- If the connector is loose, press down till you hear the click sound.
- If the connector is not loose, check the other end of the connector cable.
- The last step is to put the bottom cover back on.
- If the situation persists, consult the expert technicians at iDevice Repair Centre to get your device back in action.
- OVERHEATING ISSUES:
Overheating is a common issue that MacBook Air users often experience. So, what to do in an overheating situation?
- Sometimes hidden or unexpected apps can be the reason behind the overheating issue. To look for such apps, you can use the activity monitor. To use the tool, click on Utilities from the menu bar.
- If the problem continues, look for any strange noise from the system fan. In addition to the physical check, you can also run Apple Diagnostics. For this, you have to disconnect all devices except your keyboard, mouse and display, and Ethernet connection to AC power. Now shut down your laptop and press the power button to start the system again. Perform the step until the Apple diagnostic is running. Once the diagnosis is complete, you will get a progress report. If there is an error in the report, restart the system and write down the error.
- ISSUES WITH THE TRACKPAD:
Is a problem with the MacBook Air trackpad interfering with your ability to do business reliably and accurately? Also, erratic trackpad behavior can cause accidental deletion or alteration of data. To avoid any deletion of data, users must look for a possible solution to the trackpad problems.
- If the trackpad is acting strangely, clean and dry the laptop to see if it helps. Moisture and dust can cause issues with the trackpad.
- Reset your RAM to solve the trackpad issue.
- Apart from the physical check, you can carry out the Apple Diagnostics. For this, you have to disconnect all devices except keyboard, mouse and display, and Ethernet connection to AC power. Now shut down your laptop and press the power button to start the system again. Perform the step until the Apple diagnostic is running. Once the diagnosis is complete, you will get a progress report. If there is an error in the report, restart the system and write down the error.
- PROBLEMS IN TURNING OFF THE SYSTEM:
When you press the shutdown button, does your system sit there humming instead of shutting down? If so, look for the warning signs like alerts or issues with the active apps. Look for other symptoms as well, like bouncing apps in the dock. Check whether certain apps are frozen, right-click on the app icon, and select force quit to end the unresponsive apps. If the situation continues, go for a total shut down. For this, you have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn off the MacBook. However, this step can be fatal for the health of your system if a system update is running in the background. So before going for the total shut down, make sure that the system is not just taking personal time for updating. In the end, we would like to say that, like any other electronic device, the MacBook Air has its pros and cons. The laptop from the Apple series is money worthy, but thinking that it will not undergo any failure is not right. If you face any problems with the Apple MacBook Air, follow the above-given remedies. But, if the situation still exists, worry not. The expert technicians at iDevice Repair Centre will help you to get your favorite device back in the normal state. The certified repair technicians know the tricks of the trade and will repair your device without any compromise with the security.